Sunday, June 1, 2008

Rest and Reflect : Day 29, 1592mi. Gothenburg, NE

The Pony Express Inn's owner, Eric offered a second night 'on the house'. I said, 'it is a good day'. He replied, 'we all try'. Following some talk about ourselves and the town, I returned to my room and to the book 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho. To paraphrase this morning's reading I can say this trip has taught me something important: that there is a language in the world that everyone understands. A language that I use throughout the time I am bicycling across America. It is the language of enthusiasm, of things accomplished with love and purpose, and as part of a search for something believed in and desired. Paulo adds, 'when you want something, all the universe conspires to help you achieve it'. I have accepted a day of rest and reflection in Gothenburg, 183 miles into Nebraska on day 30 and mile 1590.

1 comment:

Paul K-S said...

George, the next time you take a rest day, and have Internet access, take a look at the web site of the couple I told you about -- Tim and Cindie Travis, who have been cycling around the world virtually non-stop since 2002.

http://www.DownTheRoad.org

I subscribe to their email updates, and enjoy taking a virtual bike tour with them.