Sunday, June 15, 2008

Welcome : Day 43, 2464mi. Crown Point, IN.

As it began to get dark on the first day in Indiana, I was approached by a fellow rider who noticed my gear and asked where I was riding. I replied, ‘Across America’, adding ‘Can you point me in the direction of a campground?’ He answered, ‘Yeah, my backyard – come on’. I followed him home where his wife Rose had dinner and cold beers waiting. We shared stories of the West and our love for the outdoors. After a shower and sleep on their couch, Brad joined me for the first 10 miles this morning. This is Indiana, America.

2 comments:

roxtar said...

Hey, it was great to have you.
Tailwinds and happy trails,
Brad

Unknown said...

You were very fortunate to run into Brad, he one of the most helpful people I know. I am lucky to be able to call him a friend.

Good luck with the rest of the ride.