Thursday, June 5, 2008

Two New Tires : Day 35, 1982mi. Adel, IA.

Soon we will cross the 2000th mile and by that mark you will have raised a dollar per mile since the start in San Francisco. Thank you!
I will share the following story : Jeremy Thaxton saw the photo of my flat tire 8 miles from the Wyoming border and sent 'Don't worry about the tire, I'll take care of it'. It took me back to an experience a few months prior when I met an Iranian couple who were cycling around the world for peace. The husband had a flat that I replaced with the words 'What goes around comes around' aware that the future would conspire to help me too.

3 comments:

Chris said...

hey:

1) you seem to be thinning out, burning up some calories, eh?

2) always spend a few minutes to help out fellow cyclists/skiers .. karma is good.

Congrats on the ride so far, have fun!

queue said...

hug that river, flat-stomach-man!

Paul K-S said...

George,

I'm packing up my tandem bike this morning and riding into the mountains for an over-night camping trip with my daughter. Thanks for the inspiration to get out and pedal into an adventure.

-- Paul