Friday, June 27, 2008

Home: Day56, Mile3360: Alexandria, VA

This morning saw the sunrise over Washington DC as I pedaled through the night fueled by a thirst to get home and an adrenaline waterfall 3,360 miles across America. I made it home to Washington DC where I pause to collect myself and begin coming to terms with the incredible adventure which began in San Francisco California 2 months ago. Here the bike and I are pictured with front tire in the Cheasapeake Bay watershed of the Atlantic Ocean.

5 comments:

Paul K-S said...

Congratulations, George. We're proud of you, and what you've accomplished. Thanks for giving me an armchair tour of this fine country.

TYonich said...

Congratulations George!!!

Unknown said...

Wow. Congratulations. I didn't realize that you were in Pittsburgh. If you're here again, let's have a drink. I am your cousin, after all.

-John

Anonymous said...

Congrats you made it! I've been "keeping up" with you by reading your blogs.
God bless and continue enjoy this journey we call life!
Debbie D. (Florida)

Paul K-S said...

Hello George. Now that you've had time to reflect on your journey, please share some "after action" reports with us.

What did you learn about this country and its people? What did you learn about yourself?

Any plans for a future bike tour? What would you do differently next time?