Thursday, May 29, 2008

About Enthusiasm: Day 26: Cheyenne, WY

The word comes from ancient Greek 'en-theos' meaning 'in spirit' or 'to be possessed by Gods'. With enthusiasm I find that I am not taking this trip alone. I position myself between the wind, people and spirit of places so that they may breathe and see me through this great ride East. Caren, who first shared with me this lesson about enthusiasm, also shared with me three wonderful days in Colorado. During this time, the bike rested as we drove to Denver. This was my first break and my body needed it. Utah had delivered a strong punch to my left knee and to encourage healing, we dipped in hot springs and shared a humor only close friends in Colorado can. I thank enthusiasm for the gift of life.

In Denver, I resumed pedaling again, steering North toward where I find myself now in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Next : Nebraska bound.

2 comments:

Aaron Floyd said...

Awesome trip George! I hope you can make it through the beautiful sand hills of Nebraska! I think the road headed east out of Alliance takes you through the center of the hills. - happy trails - aaron f.

Brian said...

Let me know how that new tire is working out for you. You should make it to Virginia with no flats on the front now.
Brian in Cheyenne