Wednesday, May 14, 2008

550 miles in : Day 11 : Ely, Nevada

I have been blessed to come close to beautiful people and places in the last 11 days. The stories are hard to tell in prose and my broken English rhetoric. Perhaps this blog says more through photo/map/video. Through these, I cannot emphasise a more appropriate way to see one's country and its people then by the power of self will. This is not a bicycle challenge. Life is no race; it is a calling, and mine now is to tell the story of my brothers and sisters in a chapter of my life I name 'Bicycle Across America'. I will answer this with a deep reading of the valley air, drink from mountain stream, and wave to passersby who share with me the fortunes of our home. I am riding home.

1 comment:

patrick said...

After you have exhausted what there is in business, politics, conviviality, and so on - have found that none of these finally satisfy, or permanently wear - what remains? Nature remains.

-your daily Walt.